Block Island Ferry is looking for friendly, energetic, reliable individuals to work on board in the Concessions for the 2019 Spring & Summer Season . Full and part-time positions available. Competitive wages, plus great tips!
Summary: Part Time & Full Time
The Concessions Attendant is responsible for maintaining operations and assisting customers on board the ferry at the Concessions stand. This position assists in setting the example and ensuring the highest level of guest experience in concessions and reports to the Concessions Manager.
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide excellent guest service while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve food & snacks, beverages, alcoholic beverages to customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Proper cash handling including, greet and service guests at the registers, taking orders, and accepting payments, handling cash.
- Replenish foods at serving stations
- Prepare food such as hot dogs, toasted bagels, and fountain sodas, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Full bar service including wine, beer and cocktails.
- Check customers' identification to ensure they are of legal drinking age.
- Making drinks in a quick and efficient manner.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, and accept payment and make change.
- Scrub and clean counters, steam tables, and other equipment.
- Inventory control: Assess inventory and assist in preparing product orders as necessary.
- Stock and restock items as necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience on boats a plus!
- Must submit to pre-employment USCG/DOT drug screening.
- Prior concessions and bar experience preferred but not required.
- Must utilize excellent guest service skills to enhance the ferry experience and meet the needs of guests with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and congenially with patrons.
- Possesses excellent cash handling skills and knowledge of daily sales reporting.
- Adherence to a uniform policy and grooming standards -must present a neat, professional appearance.
- Qualified candidate will be a mature, responsible, dependable individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must obtain SafeServe or TIPS certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, stooping, and bending for long periods of time.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, holidays and special events.