Block Island Jobs

Your #1 Source for jobs on Block Island

I go to school in Georgia and ever since I moved down here, the school year has ended early, now that I'm in college, the first week in May. And it ends at the end of August.

I am quite concerned that these odd months to have summer will affect my chances of getting my dream job in Nantucket. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Much appreciated

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most employers would like you to stay until Labor Day however, there are many college students who have to leave at the end of August.
I guess that's not as bad as I imagined, but do employers shy away from these college students?
Some Nantucket business owners will some won't...it really depends on how many applicants they have for a summer job opening and how qualified they are.
Check with Chip at Cliff Side...he hires Lifeguards for Nantucket. He may be able to tell you more about what they look for.

chip (at) cliffsidebeach.com

Tell Chip that Stephen from NantucketWorks.com sent you.
Thank you very much! I just emailed him, and I will let you know about his response.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sister Sites

Are you interested in other islands? Check out our sister sites:

NantucketWorks.com

MarthasVineyardWorks.com

Forum

Early Summer Break

Started by Andrew Gifford in How to find the best island job. Last reply by Andrew Gifford Jul 9, 2010. 5 Replies

BlockIslandJobs.com has been successfully connecting Block Island jobseekers with employers since 2007.

© 2017   Created by Stephen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service